Search found 943 matches

by alywin
27 Sep 2026 23:37
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Beckenham Odeon to close
Replies: 5
Views: 159

Re: Beckenham Odeon to close

Yes, but unfortunately I don't live in Sydenham any more, hence my comment about multiple buses ... And I never liked travelling home from Dulwich late at night anyway.
by alywin
27 Sep 2026 00:14
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Beckenham Odeon to close
Replies: 5
Views: 159

Re: Beckenham Odeon to close

Sadly, not from where I now live. Two or even 3 buses required. Not the sort of thing you want to be doing late evening.

BTW, our local MP has been quick off the mark: https://actionnetwork.org/forms/planned ... e-your-say
by alywin
25 Sep 2026 23:39
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Beckenham Odeon to close
Replies: 5
Views: 159

Beckenham Odeon to close

The News Shopper and various other sites are reporting that Beckenham Odeon is to close later this year. I can't access the report, but there is talk of it being converted into a church. It may affect people in Sydenham less, but the loss will be pretty devastating: we've already lost the ...
by alywin
22 Sep 2026 00:58
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Restored Southern Service coming ...
Replies: 7
Views: 16997

Re: Restored Southern Service coming ...


Whoopee. Did she attempt to persuade Southeastern to reinstate the rest of the services via Penge East, too?

No, but our current MP, Liam Conlon, appears to have done. FINALLY a quarter-hourly service on Saturdays again from this December.

Anyway, that wasn't why I was posting. In an attempt to ...
by alywin
21 Sep 2026 01:13
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: October money coaching course at Holy Trinity, Lennard Road
Replies: 0
Views: 89

October money coaching course at Holy Trinity, Lennard Road

Passing this information on as requested:

INVITATION
Join our friendly money coaches after Living Well Pantry at Holy Trinity Church, 66 Lennard Road, London SE20 7LX and learn how to get control of your finances, budget and stick to it.

Thursday 1st, 8th, 15th October (3 week course) 11:30am -1 ...
by alywin
21 Sep 2026 01:10
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Problems with posting/ replying?
Replies: 9
Views: 396

Re: Problems with posting/ replying?

I've finally managed to get back in here after getting logged out and struggling for a week or more to get in.
by alywin
21 Sep 2026 01:07
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: New Marks and Spencer at Bell Green
Replies: 51
Views: 145523

Re: New Marks and Spencer at Bell Green

What, hasn't anyone visited it yet?
by alywin
5 Aug 2026 22:46
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Fire at Kynd
Replies: 2
Views: 353

Re: Fire at Kynd

Best of luck to them.

Is it suspicious that there are two fires at Sydenham premises in such a short space of time?
by alywin
22 Jun 2026 22:41
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Sash windows
Replies: 4
Views: 5078

Re: Sash windows

:shock: And another one. Ideally the windows should be open top and bottom by the same amount.
by alywin
22 Jun 2026 22:11
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Ukrainian living in Sydenham jailed for Starmer linked arson
Replies: 1
Views: 219

Re: Ukrainian living in Sydenham jailed for Starmer linked arson

"Useful idiots", indeed.

""Crimes, such as arson, being directed by anonymous online accounts promising payment is a recurring trend in our casework.""

Are we surprised to find UK residents being paid to create mayhem like this? Hardly.
by alywin
22 Jun 2026 22:08
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: New Marks and Spencer at Bell Green
Replies: 51
Views: 145523

Re: New Marks and Spencer at Bell Green

But it's a Morrisons Daily - I thought they were closing most of those because they were unprofitable, or something?
by alywin
22 Jun 2026 21:53
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: RIP
Replies: 14
Views: 18847

Re: RIP


AI Training: STF holds a huge and treasured set of nearly 150,000 posts over 20 years. Just what AI LLMs feed off. The less scrupolous AI companies of which there are many do not follow the traditional search engine etiquette of obeying the websites stated policy (through a robots.txt file) and ...
by alywin
12 Apr 2026 23:42
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Natwest to close in February 2027
Replies: 1
Views: 321

Re: Natwest to close in February 2027

I'm amazed. I didn't know Sydenham still had a bank.
by alywin
30 Mar 2026 00:39
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Bingo and bikes in Sydenham
Replies: 4
Views: 6354

Re: Bingo and bikes in Sydenham

No point in starting a new thread, so I thought I'd resurrect this thread to say: who on earth has been turning the pocket park by Lower Sydenham station into a dumping ground for Lime bikes? Do Lime know?
by alywin
10 Nov 2025 01:48
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Sainsbury's Bell Green
Replies: 21
Views: 67908

Re: Sainsbury's Bell Green

Around the time you posted, I noticed low stocks in quite a few branches. Is the problem persisting?
by alywin
10 Nov 2025 01:46
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Sydenham Arts Trail
Replies: 10
Views: 35132

Re: Sydenham Arts Trail

I don't seem to have this problem, not that I appear on here very often these days.
by alywin
17 Oct 2025 00:45
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Major fire in Forest Hill
Replies: 1
Views: 14329

Major fire in Forest Hill

Traffic chaos, apparently.

With all these fires in recent weeks, it's starting to smell a bit fishy.
by alywin
10 Oct 2025 00:40
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Sydenham Arts Trail
Replies: 10
Views: 35132

Re: Sydenham Arts Trail

What do you mean? I've just logged in as normal.
by alywin
10 Oct 2025 00:35
Forum: Town Hall
Topic: Live facial recognition trial at Sainsburys
Replies: 1
Views: 14242

Re: Live facial recognition trial at Sainsburys

It has been for several weeks. Thanks for the reminder: it quite put me off going.